Copyright © 2012 Pham The Trung. All rights reserved.
* Born in Long An - ( Mekong Delta ) South Vietnam
* Petrus Truong Vinh Ky High School Alumnus
* Trained in Sculpture, Painting and Architecture from the Saigon National University of Arts for 6 years
* Escaped from Vietnam by boat
* Living and working in Canada since 1980
* Member of the Sculptors Society of Canada
* Award of Merit for the Arts - Gold Medal - City of Toronto - 1997
* Lieutenant Governor of Ontario Award - 1998
* Winner of the Vietnamese Commemorative Monument competition - City of Ottawa - 1995
* Ontario Arts Council Award - 1993
* Ontario Arts For Education Award - 1990
MAJOR EXHIBITIONS: 1990 - 2000
* Canadian Museum of Civilization - Ottawa , Canada
* Royal Ontario Museum
* Art Gallery of Ontario
* Multicultural History Society of Ontario
* Roy Thomson Hall - City of Toronto
* Canadian Red Cross Society - City of Toronto
* Sculptors Society of Canada - City of Toronto
PERMANENT BRONZE MONUMENT :
Refugee Mother and Child - The first Monument in the world dedicated to the Vietnamese Boat People
* Installed on April 30, 1995 for the City of Ottawa, Canada
* Located in the park at the corner of Preston St. & Somerset St. West, Ottawa - Capital of Canada
PIERRE TRUDEAU SEATED
1919 - 2000
( Project in Progress)
Statue of PETRUS TRƯƠNG VĨNH KÝ, Scholar (1837-1898) by Sculptor Pham thê Trung
- One of the first literary scholar who developed from Latin
to Vietnamese characters since 19th century
- Internationally & Speaking and writing 27 languages.
Beside the commonly languages at the time such as French, English, Latin, Greek, Hindi and Japanese. He also proficient in Chinese, Spanish, Malay, Lao, Thai, Burmese..ect..
Statue of DAVID SUZUKI Canadian Scientist
Photo by Boris Spremo ( Toronto Star 1997 )
prison under Vietnamese Communist regime
Lily Munro, Minister/Ministre
PHAM THE TRUNG, a Vietnamese-Canadian artist, fled his homeland for freedom and now residing inToronto.
The watercolour entitle " Harmony" is in his words,"of chidren wanting to escape from the sounds of guns to the sounds of music and peace".
PHAM THE TRUNG, artiste Canadien-Vietnamien,s'est enfui de son pays d'origine pour retrouver la liberte' et demeure maintenant a Toronto.
L'aquarelle intitulee " Harmonie" represente,selon ses propres paroles,"des enfants qui veulent e'chapper au son des armes pour retrouver celui de la musique et de la paix".